Sunday, September 5, 2010

It's coming...!

The due date is coming fast now! November 6th is just around the corner, and I'll tell you why:

This upcoming weekend includes TWO baby showers for friends. I still need to finish presents and make food for one, and get some hand-me-downs ready for the other.

Then Bekah turns three--aaack! That's coming at me like a speeding train!

Bekah's party is the next weekend (the 18th) and even though it's "just" her church friends coming, and it's only for 1 hour, it's going to take me all week to get ready for that!

The following weekend is my baby shower (yay!) and Mom and Amy are coming into town for that. I have to have a few projects finished by then so that they can help me rearrange the furniture and put the finishing touches on the kids' room. So any spare time between now and then (that's NOT spent on baby showers or Bekah's party, of course!) will be spent on getting the last of the accessories and room decorations ready.

Then it's OCTOBER already!

The weekend immediately following the shower I will meet my family in Oceanside for a week-long stay at some condos on the beach. Hooray for family reunions! I get to see new baby Cora and bask in some last-minute relaxation.

Then it'll be October 10th and I have to start REALLY getting ready for this boy... pack the hospital bag, re-read all those labor books, install the carseat, and try to REST as much as possible before he comes. The doctor thinks the baby might be here as early as October 31st (how fun would it be to have a baby with a Halloween birthday?!) so I really have to be ready by then.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I probably should have some form of Halloween costume for Bekah... maybe I'll just buy one this year instead of being creative and crafty!

And that's it--doesn't it seem so close when I break it down into weekends like that?! It does for me... TOO close! Of course, I still have to squeeze in chores and quality time with both Malcom and Bekah, as well as exercise and sewing and book club...

I think these last two months of busyness will really help things go by quickly!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Holy busy-ness! When you break things down into what you need to do like that, it looks like you're going to be incredibly busy! I can't wait to see your finished crafts, if you're able to put them up. And the kids' room, too! If you can, through all that stuff, keep us updated here on how all those things go!

Lynaya said...

I think this year is going by ti fast for me, but for you it is a good thing. I can't wait to see your baby boy. I hope all goes well. Good luck getting everything done and sleep at the same time.

Lexa said...

What weekend is the baby shower? I'm coming into California Sept. 26th-Oct. 6 or so. But no, the last 10 weeks of pregnancy always fly by for me!